Golub Capital BDC, Inc. is an externally managed, closed-end, non-diversified management investment company that has elected to be treated as a business development company under the Investment Company Act of 1940 and as a regulated investment company, or RIC, under the federal tax code. We are publicly traded on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "GBDC."
Our investment objective is to maximize the total return to our stockholders in the form of current income and capital appreciation through debt and minority equity investments.
We intend to achieve our investment objective by:
- Accessing the established loan origination channels developed by Golub Capital
- Selecting investments within our core middle-market company focus
- Partnering with experienced private equity firms, or sponsors, in many cases with whom we have invested alongside in the past
- Implementing the disciplined underwriting standards of Golub Capital
- Drawing upon the aggregate experience and resources of Golub Capital, a leading lender to middle-market companies with $8 billion of capital under management as of February 22, 2013.
Golub Capital has been a top 3 Traditional Middle Market Bookrunner each year from 2008 through 2012 for senior secured loans of up to $100 million for leveraged buyouts (according to Thomson Reuters LPC and internal data; based on number of deals). In 2012, Golub Capital was awarded the ACG New York Champion's Award for "Senior Lender Firm of the Year" and "Lender Firm of the Year" by the M&A Advisor. Golub Capital is a national firm with principal offices in Chicago and New York.
Our investment advisor is GC Advisors LLC, an affiliate of Golub Capital and a registered investment adviser under the Investment Advisers Act of 1940.