Golub Capital BDC, Inc. is an externally managed, closed-end, non-diversified management investment company that has elected to be treated as a business development company under the Investment Company Act of 1940 and as a regulated investment company, or RIC, under the federal tax code. We are publicly traded on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "GBDC."
Our investment objective is to maximize the total return to our stockholders in the form of current income and capital appreciation through debt and minority equity investments.
We intend to achieve our investment objective by:
- Accessing the established loan origination channels developed by Golub Capital
- Selecting investments within our core middle-market company focus
- Partnering with experienced private equity firms, or sponsors, in many cases with whom we have invested alongside in the past
- Implementing the disciplined underwriting standards of Golub Capital
- Drawing upon the aggregate experience and resources of Golub Capital, a leading lender to middle-market companies with over $10 billion of capital under management as of June 30, 2014.
Golub Capital has been a top 3 Traditional Middle Market Bookrunner each year from 2008 through 1Q 2014 for senior secured loans of up to $100 million for leveraged buyouts. Year to date 2014, Golub Capital has been awarded Acquisition International’s 2014 Fund Awards “Credit Asset Management Firm of the Year – USA,” ACQ’s Global Awards “US Credit Asset Manager of the Year,” Acquisition International’s “Broadly Syndicated Loans Specialist of the Year – USA,” and Acquisition International’s Hedge Fund Award “USA Credit Asset Manager of the Year.” In 2013, Golub Capital was awarded Finance Monthly’s Global Awards 2013 “Credit Asset Manager of the Year” and DealMakers M&A Awards 2013 “Middle Market Lender of the Year.”
Our investment advisor is GC Advisors LLC, an affiliate of Golub Capital and a registered investment adviser under the Investment Advisers Act of 1940.